• 400 cigarettes
• Personal items and gifts up to a maximum value of QAR 3,000.-
• Alcoholic beverages are not to be imported under any circumstances.
• Israeli currency.
• Pork products
• Religious books and material
• Firearms - special permission from Ministry of Defence, Govt. of Qatar, is required and should be obtained in advance.
• Pets - birds (the maximum size of a falcon), domestic cats, domestic dogs and other similar sized domestic animals if having required documentation may enter the country. The following procedure must take place:
- The animals must be carried in a cage (proper size, lockable and clean) that is appropriate for travel.
- Required documents: good health certificate, valid vaccination certificates , the animal needs to be cleared for air travel
- Larger birds, large dogs and other large animals must be processed through the Cargo Terminal.
• Local currency and foreign currencies without limit
• Israeli currency
Restricted (dependent on declaring)
• No information available
Basic health information for travelers to Qatar
• The general precaution is required; however there is no outstanding disease threat in Qatar.
• Emergency medical treatment is excellent but can be expensive. Routine treatment is available but expensive for visitors.
• All travellers should seek medical advice before travelling to the country and ensure that all appropriate vaccinations are up to date.
Basic security information for travelers to Qatar
• Qatar is an Islamic dominated country and travellers should dress and behave accordingly so as to avoid causing offence and to respect local traditions if visiting during the month of Ramadan. The country has recently announced a zero tolerance policy regarding the import, possession or export of illegal drugs and any foreign offenders caught will be arrested or imprisoned if caught with any illegal materials.
For further assistance please contact the Qatari Customs authorities directly. They will provide the latest information about customs regulations and export-import procedures.
Qatari Customs contact information
For additional information about travel restrictions, security warnings, political updates, and basic travel guidelines, please contact the nearest Qatari Embassy.
List of Qatari Embassies all over the world: http://qatar.visahq.co.uk/embassy/United-Kingdom/
If you have any information about the custom requirements of Qatar that could be helpful to others, please use this form to post your comments. Any details related to the customs procedures, regulations, or any other specifics about the customs requirements of Qatar that will help other people will be greatly appreciated.